Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Little More Garden

It is a beautiful sunny morning as I dash out my door on the way to the garage and thence to work........ I must pass the garden gate.... Who could resist stopping for a moment and smelling the Roses.....? Not I! Camera in hand I must tour the garden and visit each newly opened bloom.... This one is "Oklahoma" a rose with a divine scent and large deep red blooms...

And the peonies....... this one is "Sorbet" a lovely double pink variety...............

And the white peony descended from the peonies of my former in-laws' garden........

Clematis "the Pearl" at my door......

And Roses, roses, roses! This one is "Sky's the Limit"...... but it has a ways to go!

This one I have forgotten the name.... I wrote it down somewhere.....

And this one is "Social Climber" .... and she is a favorite of mine.... divinely scented, repeat blossom and reliable even after harsh winters.......

And of course there must be a David Austin rose.... this is "Crown Princess Margaret"...... and it is just amazingly abundant and repeats all season... with heavenly fragrance.......

This little hybrid tea is "Secret"..... blossoms like an angel and smells as sweet......

And here we have "Night Owl".... a climber that has yet to reach it's heights! But the lovely dark blossoms are gorgeous........

This one is "Dream Weaver"..... another gently scented but reliable repeat bloomer......

And another David Austin rose...... I think this one is "Carding Mill" or "Darwin"..... I planted them at the same time and can never remember which is which....!!!!

And another one I cannot remember the name..... I will have to dig out my planting diagrams and do a better job learning their names........ but this one smells divine........

And another view........
Have I bored you yet with my Roses?

Good...... because there are more...... like this "Climbing Blaze" by the door..........
still in full bloom when I return home at the end of the day.......

Can you tell that I ADORE Roses?

There you have it.......
Just A Little More Garden

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you! So many pretty flowers around:) Love Sorbet:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, it's wonderful to visit! All those birds!!! I love being here. My mum will love your garden. Her favourite flowers' peonies. :) Beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could never bore me with your roses!

    ReplyDelete